When one of our client’s commissioned us to design a tree house for their children it sparked our interest. Were tree houses only for children? As we did our research we found out that tree houses are not just for children, but for the young at heart as well. Tree houses are located through out the world and are used as restaurants, hotels, playgrounds and family retreats:
- Alnwick Gardens in Northumberland, England is the largest public garden in all of Europe. The Duke and Duchess of Northumberland commission a local contractor to create a 6,000 square foot tree house which houses a 120-seat restaurant, a retail shop, two classrooms and two private dining rooms as well as treetop walkways and cavernous spaces, www.alnwickgarden.com/eat/eat-in-the-treehouse.
- The Hole In The Wall Gang Camp in Ashford, Connecticut, “has an elaborate 340-foot ramp that leads visitors up to a magical hide-away with views of Pearson Pond,” www.holeinthewallgang.org.
- Tree Houses are many things to many people:
- Weekend getaway on their land in the country combining entertaining area for adults as well as kid friendly features
- A unique place to entertain and hang out with friends with access/egress by a cable bridge or ramp.
- Children’s playhouse with access/egress by ladders, long rope swings and zip lines.
- State Park Lookout Points
- Golf Course Club Houses
- Tree House Resorts
- Guest Houses
- Home Offices
So, next time you’re looking for more space, let Titus Built design and build add-on luxury to your home; a trendy new tree house. It’s a wonderful get away that is surrounded by nature’s serenity; a place where dreams can be fulfilled; and, with memories that will last you a lifetime.